What Do People Say About Us?
Training providers also get inspected by Ofsted. Until 2017, NCAL has always acted as a subcontractor to providers who have been in receipt of funding. This means we don’t have an Ofsted inspection report in our own name – not yet anyway!
Nevertheless, we were inspected as a subcontracted training provider in February 2017. The Ofsted report mentions a few areas that we know we can share the credit for. The following quotes, lifted directly from Ofsted’s report, indicate just a few of these positive things that reflect the quality of NCAL’s apprenticeship programmes:
- Links with employers are particularly strong
- The management of …. apprenticeship programmes is good
- The quality of provision within subcontractors is good
- Apprentices enjoy learning
- Staff provide highly effective support for individuals
- ... apprentices enhance their skills and increase their employment prospects
- The achievement rates …. of apprenticeship programmes are good
- …..apprentices … produce work of a high standard
- ….apprentices receive good on- and off-the-job training
- All apprentices benefit from the very good support given
The next time Ofsted visit, they will publish a report in our own name, but the above quotes give you a flavour of what we have managed to achieve as a subcontractor.